Chiropractic Services Harrisonburg, VA, Residents Trust
At Shenandoah Chiropractic in Harrisonburg, VA, we believe in total patient wellness. While we are committed to treating patients who are in pain, we also value the ongoing health and well-being of everyone. Here are some of the services we offer to patients in the Harrisonburg, VA, area.
More and more people are starting to realize that chiropractors can help their patients who suffer from back pain and musculoskeletal disorders. Although we generally treat back pain, we also offer services to remedy the following maladies:
- Sciatica: Sciatica is a condition that refers to the pain that spreads from the longest nerve of the body, which is the sciatic nerve. It happens when this nerve is compressed by a herniated disc, a narrowing of the spine, or a bone spur. Our chiropractor treats this problem using cold therapy, ultrasound, or manual manipulation.
- Neck Pain: Neck pain can stem from many things. Stress, car accidents, repetitive motion, and pinched nerves are just a few of the ways that can cause neck pain. Our chiropractor uses manual manipulations, corrective exercises, and therapeutic therapies to treat neck pain.
- Headaches: Most people with headaches will choose to ride it out and let the pain subside on its own or will take a couple of over-the-counter pills for relief. However, doing these will not help treat the overall problem to your headaches. A better option is chiropractic care, which does not rely on medications. Spinal adjustments can alleviate the frequency and intensity of the headaches.
- Shoulder Pain: Our chiropractor can use a variety of treatment methods to treat shoulder pain. Some of the common types of shoulder pain our chiropractor helps patients with are: rotator cuff injury, strains and sprains, bursitis, frozen shoulder, and tendinitis.
- Knee Pain. Many people come to a chiropractor for knee pain treatment. Some types of knee pain are chronic and due to the degeneration of tissues in the knee. For others, it could be from repetitive motion or sudden impact injury. No matter how it happened, we can treat it with a range of chiropractic techniques.
We believe in the general wellness of our patients. We don’t want to simply treat patients and send them away until they feel pain again. We want to teach our patients how to best care for themselves to prevent future or further injury. For many people, it means learning how to strengthen areas of their bodies. We call this teaching “blueprint” exercises, which are strengthening and stretching exercises.
Much of what we treat in our patients is related to poor lifestyle habits, such as poor posture, lack of exercise, and bad eating habits. We provide a full evaluation of our patients before providing any treatment. Doing this allows us to completely understand the best form of treatment for our patients. It also helps us understand the reason a patient is experiencing their specific pain or problem. Chiropractors are well known to apply physical treatment, but we find it valuable to provide tips and advice on ways our patients can modify their lifestyles to avoid further pain and treatment.
See How We Can Help
We encourage you to browse our website to see the range of chiropractic services we provide. Call us today at (540) 564-6735 to schedule an evaluation or book your appointment through our online patient portal. We look forward to working with you on your journey to wellness at Shenandoah Chiropractic in Harrisonburg, VA.