Here at Shenandoah Chiropractic in Harrisonburg, VA, we understand the pain that can occur after you’ve been involved in an auto accident. These injuries may sometimes seem as though they’ll never end and modern medicine often only masks the pain without actually addressing soft tissue damage and deep injuries at all. When you’re ready for solutions rather than salves, it’s time to consider a chiropractor to treat your car accident injury.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for an Auto Accident Injury
One of the most important benefits of chiropractic care for injuries related to auto accidents involves the fact that your chiropractor isn’t going to prescribe prescription drugs for you that could have harmful side effects or cause addiction. The unfortunate truth is that many modern physicians do just that – only addressing the pain without actually treating the injury.
The next major benefit of chiropractic care for your car accident injury is the fact that chiropractors use non-invasive treatment techniques. Most treatments offered to address car accident pain and injuries involve one or more of the following:
- Manual manipulation. Manual manipulation of the spine to promote healthy spinal alignment that stimulates natural healing and reduces pain.
- Muscle stimulation (E-stim). Electrical stimulation to manage pain and muscle spasms. Can also be used to prevent atrophy and build strength in those who have muscle injuries.
- Myofascial release. Sustained pressure to improve circulation and stimulate stretch reflexes in muscles.
- Spinal decompression. Gentle decompression of the spine that promotes position changes to relieve pressure from the spinal discs.
- Therapeutic massage. Provides instant relief from pain, improves circulation, reduces swelling, relaxes muscles, and aids in range of motion.
- Cold laser therapy. Promotes natural tissue repair and relieves pain and inflammation using low wavelengths of light to accelerate healing.
- Trigger point therapy. Routine therapy that addresses and helps to manage chronic pain from injuries.
- Strengthening and corrective exercises. Exercises that strengthen the core and help to improve posture and relieve pain. Can help prevent future injuries.
These may be used individually, or in combination with other types of treatment to achieve optimal results and healing from your car accident injuries.
When Should You Visit a Chiropractor after a Car Accident?
Many injuries, whiplash especially, may take days, weeks, or even months after a car accident to begin causing symptoms, which is why it’s important to seek the care of a qualified chiropractor immediately after an accident even if you believe you may have escaped an auto accident injury altogether.
In the right circumstances, you can begin immediate treatment and avoid much of the pain you would otherwise experience as a result of whiplash. Prompt treatment, before pain sets in is always the preferable choice when it comes to accident injuries that have delayed onset injuries.
If you’ve suffered an auto accident injury and need chiropractic care, Shenandoah Chiropractic in Harrisonburg, VA, is here to help. Contact us today to schedule your appointment and find relief today.