Carpal tunnel syndrome is a neurological disorder that causes tingling, pain, and numbness in the hand or fingers. It is caused by the pressure on the median nerve at the wrist. Get chiropractic care from us at Shenandoah Chiropractic in Harrisonburg, VA, for carpal tunnel syndrome. If you are searching for "the best chiropractor near me," or “chiropractor in VA,” we are here to help
What Are the Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
Here is a list of some of the symptoms of this disorder:
- Burning sensation and pain traveling up the arm;
- Tingling or numbness in the thumb and the first three fingers of the hand;
- Inability to pinch or grasp with strength.
What Are the Risk Factors?
Women are more likely to develop CTS than men. There are certain medical conditions that can increase the risk of developing it and there are also lifestyle factors that can also increase the risk of getting CTS. If you have a job that involves repetitive wrist movement, you are also in a risk group.
How Can a Chiropractor Help with CTS?
Chiropractors can help treat many different conditions, including those in the hands, wrists, and fingers. If you suspect CTS, schedule an appointment with our chiropractor, who will complete an evaluation and suggest a treatment plan.
A standard treatment plan from our chiropractor in Harrisonburg, VA, might include the following:
- Spinal manipulations: In some cases, misalignments of the vertebrae in the spine can cause symptoms of CTS in the arm, hand, and wrist. In this situation, our chiropractor will use spinal manipulations to realign the vertebrae and reduce the pressure on the median nerve.
- Soft tissue mobilization: If your CTS has caused by problems in the arm or wrist, our chiropractic physician will work with these body parts to help reduce the symptoms.
- Therapeutic exercises: These exercises can support the health of the median nerve and improve the functioning of the affected wrist and arm. Our chiropractor will demonstrate therapeutic exercises and explain how you can perform them at home.
Get Chiropractic Care from Our Chiropractor in Harrisonburg, VA
If you are searching for a “chiropractor in VA,” do not search any further. We at Shenandoah Chiropractic is here for you. Our clinic is focused on improving your health and reducing the risk of pain and illness in the first place. We can help treat different conditions, including CTS, migraines, joint pain, and others. If you need more information or want to schedule the first consultation with our team in Harrison, VA, Call us at (540) 564-6735 for more information. Visit us for "the best chiropractor near me.”